Greece is located in south-eastern Europe, on the southern end of the Balkan Peninsula (Haemus peninsula); it lies at the meeting point of three continents – Europe, Asia and Africa. Greece borders to the North on Bulgaria and the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (F.Y.R.O.M.), to the Northwest on Albania, to the Northeast on Turkey; to the West it is washed by the Ionian Sea; to the South by the Mediterranean Sea and to the East by the Aegean Sea. The total area of Greece is 131,957 km2.
The total area of Greece is 131,957 km2 and consists of three main geographic areas.
1) peninsular mainland (that extends from the region of Central Greece on the South to the region of Thrace on the North) being the biggest geographic feature of the country
2) The Peloponnese peninsula that is separated from the mainland by the canal of the Corinth Isthmus.
3) Around 6.000 islands and islets, scattered in the Aegean and Ionian Sea, most of them grouped in clusters, that constitute the unique Greek archipelago. Crete, Rhodes, Corfu, the Dodecanese and the Cyclades are some of the famous and popular islands and island clusters in Greece.
Eighty percent of the country consists of mountains or hills, making Greece one of the most mountainous countries of Europe; furthermore, it has 16.000 kilometres of coastline of which 7500 are found around the thousands islands of the Greek archipelago, a truly unparalleled phenomenon on the European continent.
Today’s visitors to Greece have the opportunity to trace the “fingerprints” of Greek history from the Paleolithic Era to the Roman Period in the hundreds of archaeological sites, as well as in the archaeological museums and collections that are scattered throughout the country.
The first traces of human habitation in Greece appeared during the Paleolithic Age (approx. 120000 – 10000 B.C.). During the Neolithic Age that followed (approx. 7000 – 3000 B.C.), a plethora of Neolithic buildings spread throughout the country. Buildings and cemeteries have been discovered in Thessaly (Sesklo, Dimini), Macedonia, the Peloponnese, etc.
The beginning of the Bronze Age (approx. 3000-1100 B.C.) is marked by the appearance of the first urban centers in the Aegean region (Poliochni on Limnos). Flourishing settlements were found on Crete, Mainland Greece, the Cyclades and the Northeastern Aegean, regions where characteristic cultural patterns developed.
At the beginning of the 2nd Millennium B.C., organized palatial societies appeared on Minoan Crete, resulting in the development of the first systematic scripts. The Minoans, with Knossos Palace as their epicenter, developed a communications network with races from the Eastern Mediterranean region, adopted certain elements and in turn decisively influenced cultures on the Greek mainland and the islands of the Aegean.
Athens is an amazing city. Whether it’s your first time visiting or your umpteenth there is always something fresh and new to experience. The city is undergoing a cultural rebirth, rediscovering itself in the process and reevaluating what is important for its people and its future. Regardless of one’s interests and tastes there is something here for everyone. Below a short review of what the city has to offer its visitors.
With all the monuments around, Athens is perfect for families with children. While adults have a better comprehension of the importance of these monuments, it is children who are most impacted by their grandeur and left with an impression for the rest of their lives. Our expert guides make the history come alive as to make the children interested and not bored with some old rocks, so to speak. With interactive activities at many of the museums and educational programs, all children should learn a few things before heading off to the islands to spend their days in the beach and sun playing and swimming from dawn to dusk!
Nightlife in Athens has always been vibrant making it one of the top European destinations for partying. From the exclusive bars and clubs of posh Kolonaki, to the bouzoukia around Peiraios street, and the bars in Gazi and Monastiraki, Athenian nightlife is still something one must experience.
Activities in Athens
- See the city from up high either by going up in a helicopter for an aerial tour or by going up Mount Lycabettus for coffee with a view.
- Visit Attica Park, Athens’ zoo, with the third largest collection of birds in the world, and the usual lions, giraffes and monkeys. Make sure to also check out the dolphin shows.
- Go swimming all year round at Vouliagmeni Lake which has a year round water temperature of 24 Celsius.
- Take a cooking class with one of Athens’ top chefs and learn the secrets of Greek cuisine all in view of the inspiring Parthenon.
- Go shopping at Golden Hall for luxury brands, or McArthur Glenn for the outlets.
- Sit for lunch at the famous kebab restaurant of Thanasis just off Monastiraki square.
- Check out the Dora Stratou Dance Theater to get a taste of Greek music and dance from all over the country.
- Watch a movie in the city’s most classic outdoor summer cinema, a quintessential Athenian experience.
- Play a hand of golf at the Glyfada Golf club.
- Take a private tour of the Deste Foundation’s collection of contemporary art, one of the most exclusive collections worldwide.
Mykonos is one of Greece’s most popular destinations, and for good reason. This small Cycladic island with its characteristic architecture and windmills, its beautiful beaches, and its famous windmills, has been a favorite of the global jet set since the 60s and the flamboyant gay community since the 70s. The Windy Island as it’s known in Greece continues to be a favorite destination for all those looking for the quintessential Greek island experience.
Activities in Mykonos
- Shopping along Matogianna Street offers visitors the opportunity to indulge in some of their favorite international luxury brands in a place that feels that Picasso painted. How fitting!
- Charter a luxury yacht for the day to cruise around the various beaches of the island or head to one of the nearby islands.
- Private cruise and guided tour to Delos.
- Spend the day in one of the luxury Spas located in the island’s hotels. Don’t worry we’ll tip you of on which Spa this is even if you are not staying there.
- Enjoy some water-sports at one of the many beaches that offer everything from jet skis to canoes and even windsurfing.
Santorini is truly unique not only for Greece but for the entire world. This iconic destination is most known for its breathtaking views of the red and brown layers of volcanic ash that make up its famous cliffs. In fact everything seems to be perched on these cliffs from its many boutique luxury hotels to its fabulous restaurants. It’s no surprise that you will also find yourself spending most of your time on these cliffs taking in the views and not believing your eyes of the beauty and also it’s no surprise that it consistently shows up on the top 10 lists of the most romantic vacation spots in the world.
Activities in Santorini
- Take the donkey ride down to Ammoudi from Oia, swim, eat lunch and return back up to take in the Oia’s famous sunset.
- With our recommendations, visit some of the islands most beautiful beaches including the Red and White beach.
- Charter a luxury yacht for the day to cruise around the island to take in the many mesmerizing views of the island’s cliffs.
- Visit one of the many wineries and get a first-hand experience of how the volcanic soil produces some of the best wines in all of Greece.
Rhodes is a great destination for everyone from families to couples to friends. The main attraction of the island is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Medieval City of Rhodes where visitors besides the site seeing will spend much time in the many restaurants and bars of this living monument. Then there is Lindos with its impressive Acropolis, its traditional Italian captain’s houses, and its picture perfect bay ideal for swimming where visitors should make the day off. The island is big enough with enough beaches, historical sites, and off the beaten tracks to spend weeks.
Activities in Rhdes
- Head to the Rhodes Casino located in the magnificent Grande Albergo delle Rose.
- Take a bike tour inland to visit some traditional villages untouched by modernity
- Take a day trip to Lindos for sightseeing, swimming and lunch.
- Charter a yacht and head to beautiful Symi for a day, one of the most well-kept examples of Dodekanesian neo-classical architecture.
For many years Patmos has been one of the top island destinations for those travellers looking for a cosmopolitan off the beaten track experience. The fact that the island does not have an airport and that one must first fly to one of the nearby islands and then take a ferry have kept it just this way. With plenty of history, beautiful unspoiled beaches, enough good restaurants to keep you happy for a whole week, it has been attracting European royalty and American celebrities for quite some time now.
Activities in Patmos
- Charter a yacht for a day and head to one of the best locations in all of Greece for cruising at the nearby islands of Leipsoi, Arkoi and Marathi.
- Celebrate as the locals do by joining the panygiri for the Transfiguration of Jesus on August 6th at the village of Kambos and enjoy local delicacies and Greek dancing until the wee hours of the morning
- Water sports at one of the many beaches that offer them around the island.
One of Greece’s most exclusive summer destinations, Elounda has been the place to be since the mid-70s. With a multitude of luxury resorts to choose from, be prepared to be pampered, seriously pampered! The hotels here are themselves a reason to visit and we have two favorites which will meet even the highest of your expectations. But if you decide to leave your hotel to explore the nearby area you will discover the culture of the area. Start with the quaint neighboring fishing village of Plaka and the island of Spinaloga with its Venetian walls and used as a leper colony in the early 20th century.
- VIP Services – If you’re looking for a Luxury, handcrafted, sophisticated holiday in Greece that offers a combination of beaches, excursions and magnificent scenery, or simply offers a more dramatic experience in charming nooks all together, then look no further.
- Private shopping Tour – No matter what you’re looking for, Athens definitely is a shopper’s paradise. On a Private Style Room VIP Shopping Tour, it’s YOUR tour. You will not have other individuals you do not know on your tour, while meeting designers face to face inside their showrooms and studios. We tailor Private Style shopping experience to your needs & styles. We will discuss your priorities beforehand to make your tour a memorable one. And for those with more discerning taste, the city has an excellent selection of luxury shops, ranging from designer fashion houses to unique boutiques and custom-made items you won’t find anywhere else.
- Yachting & Chartering – We offer crewed yacht charter in Greece and around the Mediterranean sea. We have a selection of luxury charter yachts for you. We look after all the necessary documents at the Port Authority, the docking and the feeding gear. Sailing along the amazing Greek coastline a must do for every modern adventurer. The myriad islands with hundreds of hidden coves are perfect for exploring the true spirit of the Mediterranean sea.
- Chopper Experience – Enjoy a new experience with the world’s most captivating medium twin engine helicopter. Apart from its astonishing aesthetics, the cabin rivaling light business jets offers an unparalleled array of choices for in-flight comfort, luxury and convenience. It features a noise-free environment and an air-conditioned leather seated interior, including a mini bar, making it one of the most enviable helicopters of its class, ideal for long distance flights or large passenger loads.
- Luxe Villa Living – We offers a large selection of luxury private villas in Greece with the perfect location, beauty and truly unique personal service. We got really nice options for a romantic anniversary or a family reunion we have the right villa for you.
- Special Occasion – We plan special occasion vacations for all sorts of events. Whether you’re eloping or bringing along your family and friends, we will expertly plan a seamless wedding trip, and the accompanying honeymoon. We know the most beautiful places to get married and believe us Santorini is not the only place for it.
- Wellness in Greece – You may receive few suggestions, but they will be definitely the most rewarding and rejuvenating wellness vacations and experiences. We can arrange trips that are only focused on wellness travel or a specific practice, such as yoga or detox, or a wellness resort and spa into a more traditional way.
- Nature Tours – The natural beauty of Hellas has been glorified by poets and lyricists starting from antiquity and their work of art devoted to Greece is more than justified. Endless seas, unexplored isles, lush green forest reserves, impressive waterfalls, breathtaking rocks and mountains, active volcano of Santorini Island, rich fauna as well as geological phenomena make Greece truly worthy place to visit in case you are connoisseur of nature.
- Culture & Religion – Traces of a centuries-old and important history is etched in every corner of Greek land: findings from the Prehistoric and Archaic Periods, unique works from Classical, Hellenistic, Medieval and Byzantine monuments, creations from folk art cultures, traces from the passing eons of other civilizations and different religions that coexist with current creations, constructions and modern works of art.